Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Things you need:
- Top Ramen Smoodles or Rice noodles - 2 pkts
- Soy sauce - 2 spoons
- Frozen stir fry vegetables or fresh cut vegetables
- Sugar -1 spoon
- Salt - 1 spoon
- Chilli powder - 2 spoons
- Tomoato ketchup
- Boil water and put the noodles in it. Add a teaspoon of salt.(I used Top Ramen smoodles.U cud use real rice noodles).
- Once the noodles are cooked, wash them in cold water,drain and keep them aside.
- Take a non-stick pan and pour a small amount of canola oil and throw in some chilli flakes.
- When the oil is real hot, add the cut veggies (I use frozen stir fry veggies available in Fredmeyer/Costco.You could use fresh cut veggies).
- Do not simmer the stove. Keep stirring the veggies.
- Once they are tender (they won't change color as u are stir frying), add the cooked noodles and stir some more.
- Add soy sauce(lite),half a spoon of sugar,chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Stir fry for a minute or 2 and its done!
- You could add tomato ketchup if u need a tangy flavor.
Things you need:
- Maida/All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Baking Soda - 1 spoon
- Sugar - 1/2 cup (If you have only crystalline sugar, you have to grind it)
- Ripe Bananas - 2
- Date syrup - 3 spoons (optional)
- Broken Walnuts-10
- Raisins -10
- Condensed milk - 1 small can
- Melted Butter - 2 spoons
- Canola/Sunflower oil - 1 spoon
- Cut the bananas in half and grind them to a paste by adding little bit of milk. Don't make the paste too watery.
- Mix all purpose flour, baking soda and sugar in a big bowl. Some recipes instruct you to sieve the mixture to avoid lumps,but don't bother.
- Pour melted butter,canola oil and date syrup, mashed bananas into the bowl.
- Add condensed milk to the mixture and beat it well using a flat ladle. Flatten the lumps.
- Add walnuts and raisins to the batter
- Pre-heat the oven to 350C
- Grease a non-stick oven-safe pan and pour the batter in.
- I poured few drops of hershey's liquid chocolate and made the designs. You can be more innovative
- Keep the pan in the middle rack of the oven.
- My oven took 40mins to bake. You might want to check the status after 30mins by sticking a knife or spoon in. If the cake is done, the knife will come out clean.
- After taking the pan out, let the cake cool for 10 mins.
- Spread nutella or melted chocolate on top to make it yummier.
- Before you serve, microwave the cake for 15 seconds to melt the nutella spread.